For awhile now I’ve been using a tool to block advertisements in my web browsing. This is very convenient, but it’s particularly good because I almost never see a provocative ad anymore. Here’s how to install it:
- Do you use “Firefox” to surf the web? If not, I recommend it; you can get it here. This ad blocking tool only works with Firefox (though I understand there are ad blockers for other browsers).
- Once you have Firefox installed, visit Adblock Plus to install the ad blocker:
- Click on the “Install Adblock Plus” link.
- A bar will pop up indicating that the install was blocked.
- Click the “Options” button on the bar and enable installations for this website.
- Click on the “Install Adblock Plus” link again, then click on the “Install” button.
- When it asks you which blocking list to subscribe to, choose the “EasyList” blocking list. Once a week your computer will check this list to see if there are any new known ads to be blocked.
After you do this you should rarely see ads in Firefox. If you still encounter some ads on a regular basis that you’d like to block, leave a comment on this post and I will try to help you set up your own rules in Adblock Plus to block those ads.
Don’t put it off. It will take you no more than 5 minutes and you’ll be glad you did it now!
Subscribe to comments with RSS.