Ten years ago Lisa and I were married.
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
Lisa is fit for me. Ten years, and through both joys and sorrows it ever grows better. She is fit for me not least because:
- She is the fun to my serious, the extrovert to my introvert, the laugh to my ponder, the poetry to my prose.
- She exceeds me in being observant, especially of others’ cares and needs.
- She surpasses me in compassion and care for others. With our children she calls me to compassion when I am tempted to be disciplinarian.
- Altogether, she is an excellent hostess, mother and friend. She makes our home is a wonderful place to be.
- I like her cooking.
- I like her looks.
- She works hard.
- She reads.
- She is mother to our Ivy, Charlotte and Asher.
So, my love,
Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith “A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!”
Lisa, I love you . . . I’m damn lucky that I made you my wife.